Real Solutions for Today’s Real Problems: Protecting Against an Active Shooter
For many of us, encountering gunfire in our day-to-day life is high on our list of worst fears. Yet as devastating as it is, the reality remains that we are continuing to see an increase in the number of active shooter scenarios across multiple industries. Banks are no exception. In this year alone, active shooters have caused multiple deaths at bank branches in Florida, in California, in Mississippi. Statistics show that in 2018, shots were fired at a bank in the United States more than once a month. While each company can hope that their branches are spared, every financial institution, no matter where it is located, must now take measures to guard against active shooters.
At STS Group, we are strongly committed to your bank’s security. We specialize in understanding the unique, evolving challenges of the financial industry’s landscape and we offer multiple solutions to meet those threats. One of these solutions is AmberBox.
AmberBox is a gunshot detection system that offers market-leading technology. When seconds count, AmberBox provides first responders with the lifesaving information they need. Through automating the emergency process and reliably delivering split second data while removing human error, AmberBox protects lives. This dynamic technology features:
- Patented Gunshot Detection – By employing a combination of percussion, infrared and sound detection, AmberBox does not require a line of sight to trigger. With a 3.6 second average response time, police are able to arrive faster and offer maximum protection from an active shooter threat.
- Automatic Notification – Upon activation of the system, an automatic call is made to 911. Simultaneously, AmberBox alerts building security in order to share real-time incident information with first responders. Automating the emergency process removes human error as well as the bystander effect, allowing authorities to respond to threats faster and more accurately.
- AmberBox Response Platform – The AmberBox platform provides real-time tracking, showing precise gunshot location, movement of the shooter, gunshot times and total number of shots fired. This allows the emergency response to be accurately coordinated.
- Installation Advantages – Because they do not require a wired connection, AmberBox detectors can be simply and quickly installed and can operate with either a high or low voltage power supply.
- Seamless Integration with Existing Systems – While AmberBox offers significant safeguards in standalone form, it is manufacturer agnostic and can be integrated into almost any currently installed security system to provide ultimate protection.
- Privacy and Data Security – No real-time audio is transmitted across the network, which allows for the privacy that a bank branch demands.
It is crucial that our customers have what they need to create safer, smarter environments in their financial institutions. At STS Group, we believe that means more than just providing products. We know that continued consultation is key to true success. Far beyond initial installation, we work with customers over the long haul to ensure that our security systems meet each and every need in the most effective ways. It’s this face-to-face, personalized attention supplied over days, weeks, months and years that builds successful working relationships with over 200 financial institutions who trust their protection to us.
Because we’ve been in the bank security industry for years as it’s adapted and changed, we are in a unique position to help you address its current challenges. If you are concerned about active shooter situations in your branches, get in touch with us today. Scheduling a no-obligation security consultation is as easy as picking up the phone or clicking here to request a quote. Doing so may be the best decision you’ll make to protect the lives of your employees and your customers. Don’t wait until it’s too late – contact us to find out if AmberBox is the right solution for you.